Saturday, October 10, 2009

Spring has Sprung !

At last Spring is in the air after what feels like a VERY long Winter. Today was the first day in a long time that the sun really had us smiling. First step was to plant out my Summer vegies, 3 Pumpkin varieties, zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, capsicum, cucumber, peas, beans etc
            


I cannot believe that this tiny little seedling will soon be a gigantic plant with numerous huge Queensland Blues ! Yet, every year I eat the yummy rewards - see, it's not all just about gardening!
it's also about...


chooks !
These are my 'leghorns' who are in retirement, but still lay an egg a day (well, in the warmer months) and help with my gardening. So, much to the kids delight we have 7 young 'Isa-browns' who are now in their awkward teenage phase and should start laying in the next month.



One of our gangly teenagers who never realised her potential fame, my son has named her 'Thomas' (he's  a serious Thomas the Tank fan!) maybe Thomasina ??

No comments: